ndustrial.io is a Raleigh, NC based startup looking for a high quality Industrial/Mechanical Engineer to join the team and help us continue to improve the energy management industry. We are looking for someone who is really passionate about their work and can be a big part of a small team. Someone who can be counted on to continue driving us forward. We are not the kind of startup that expects you to work insane hours or sleep at your desk but we do need someone who understands how a startup works and is willing to be a part of the sometimes crazy ride.
If that sounds like something that gets you excited, read more to understand our specific needs.
We are looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Produce outline designs
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Solicit observations from operators
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica or similar)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- BSc degree in Engineering
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused).
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Healthcare stipend ($300/mo).
- Professional Development stipend ($500/year).
- Team outings.
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie).
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh.
- Windows with natural sunlight.
- We limit our use of buzzwords.
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.