Industrial Controls Engineer
ndustrial.io is a Raleigh, NC based startup looking for a high quality Industrial Controls Engineer to join the team in Lexington, KY and help us continue to improve the energy management industry. We are looking for someone who is really passionate about their work and can be a big part of a small team. Someone who can be counted on to continue driving us forward. We are not the kind of startup that expects you to work insane hours or sleep at your desk but we do need someone who understands how a startup works and is willing to be a part of the sometimes crazy ride.
If that sounds like something that gets you excited, read more to understand our specific needs.
The Industrial Controls Engineer will assist in designing and implementing sensor and control system integration to both our cloud solution and other third-party cloud solutions. The Industrial Controls Engineer understands industrial communications and data systems like SCADA and OSI/PI along with industrial control protocols like MODBUS and PROFIBUS. The Industrial Controls Engineer will work with industrial clients to determine the best strategy to collect data from the production environment and get it conveyed to various cloud solutions.
Day to day activities of the Industrial Controls Engineer include conducting initial site audits to determine appropriate communications strategies and system architectures to enable industrial data to be pushed to our cloud servers. The candidate will be responsible for meeting with industrial clients and assessing facility IT and production networks and control systems, developing and documenting solutions for facility IoT connectivity, interfacing with client IT personnel, and project managing installations and upgrades as required to facilitate the work. The candidate must be able to interpret electrical, mechanical, and equipment drawings to create metering plans to support energy efficiency project measurement and verification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Practical knowledge of industrial systems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for utility distribution and industrial processes
- Strong practical knowledge of IT and industrial production network architecture
- Experience with common SCADA, PLC, and DCS systems
- Experience with Industrial protocols such as MODBUS, PROFIBUS, BACnet, and LONworks
- Experience with OSI, SAP, and Historian Systems
- Experience with Kepware and SkySpark a strong plus
- Experience with PLC programming and control loop design
- 5 years minimum experience with industrial networks and control systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Sitting, standing, typing, talking up to 8 hours daily, travel up to 50%
- Office / Industrial Facility
- Provide three past work references
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused).
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Healthcare stipend ($300/mo).
- Professional Development stipend ($500/year).
- Team outings.
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie).
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh.
- Windows with natural sunlight.
- We limit our use of buzzwords.
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.