Senior Software Engineer, Backend
ndustrial.io is a Raleigh, NC based startup looking for a high-quality Senior Backend Engineer to join the team and help us continue to improve the Industrial IOT market. We are looking for someone passionate about their work and who can be a big part of a small team. Someone who can be counted on to continue driving us forward. This particular opening is core to what we do here at ndustrial.io, which is taking data from numerous different sources and organizing it in a way that is useful for our customers. The scale at which we are doing this is growing every day and we need talented individuals who are ready to take on the challenge of not only helping us keep up with the pace, but also to continuously improve the system. We are not the kind of startup that expects you to work insane hours or sleep at your desk, but we do need someone who understands how a startup works and is willing to be a part of a (sometimes) crazy ride.Responsibilities
- Manage and lead a team of software engineers by providing support, goals, expectations, mentorship and feedback.
- Enhance features and functionality of our existing stack while developing new software to meet our customer’s needs.
- Actively participate in scoping, estimating, code reviews throughout the development process.
- Communicate with your fellow coworkers about your progress and offer suggestions/improvements to continually improve all aspects of the software.
- Be able to provide thorough reasons/explanations for software decision in order to prevent technical debt.
- Occasional IT support when the need arises.
- Have a constructive voice. It will be expected and respected.
- Manage and mentor team members on technical issues
- Strong programming skills in general, very comfortable with Java
- Experience with data processing systems like Storm, Heron, or Spark
- Experience with queueing systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka, ZeroMQ
- Solid SQL skills
- Exposure to Python (or other other interpreted language)
- DevOps experience
- Experience with Redis, or other key-value stores
- Strong curiosity about new technologies
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently/remotely
- Experience with containers or container platforms
- Experience with API development using Node.js
- NoSQL experience
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused).
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Healthcare stipend ($300/mo).
- Professional Development stipend ($500/year).
- Team outings.
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie).
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh.
- Windows with natural sunlight.
- We limit our use of buzzwords.
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.